Saturday, October 15, 2011





So this weekend has been a fairly successful and great one in Philly! 


On Friday, I had my first day volunteering at the William Way Community Center. I was there for 3 hours just reading and studying in the library. Sadly, no one came in on my first day of volunteering to check out the 10,000 LGBT-related books that this amazing center has in it's library. I've already compiled a list of books that I want to read from the collection. This library is such a great resource and I would love to see more people take advantage of it. 

The center even has autographed books for patrons to look at!

The center gets donations of books that can barely fit on the shelves

The women's fiction section at The William Way Community Center

The WWCC also rents out DVDs to members



A better view of the center. The men's fiction is behind the couch.

   

 




































No comments:

Post a Comment